Five steps towards Customer Experience Management
Step 3 of 5:
With the cx/omni customer journey software solution you are entering a new phase of your customer relationship management, since you are now able to consistently plan, control and manage the customer experiences at every single customer touchpoint.
Once you have recorded your touchpoints within the cx/omni customer journey software and defined your personas you will be facing the following question: what are your customer’s emotional expectations and experiences at the touchpoints?
Customer Journey Mapping – an established methodology
Customer Journey Mapping addresses the following questions (among others):
- What does your customer experience at each touchpoint?
- Where are the opportunities for differentiation?
- What are the pain points and emotional differentiation points?
- Which touchpoints are not compliant to customer experiences in terms of design, tonality or reaction time?
The following approach has proved to be successful:
- Implement Customer Journey Maps for the most relevant scenarios such as initial purchase, repeated purchase or service cases̶ through your persona’s perspective
- Always take your customers view
- It’s all about recording every action and experience for all phases through the eyes of your customer. Typical phases are: Phases of gathering information (such as Google search), phases of uncertainty or indecision, etc.
- Now attend to every single customer Journey and assign single touchpoints, accordingly.
- At this stage you will often realize that relevant touchpoints were not yet covered. Typical examples are email traffic with the according customer support regarding specific product related questions or contact center phone calls
- The insights made by analyses of the missing topics will be the customer touchpoints to be alligned to the customer journey in addition
Now evaluate every single touchpoint from your customer’s perspective:
- What are the emotional customer experiences, accordingly?
- How does the customer evaluate the according touchpoint, experience or interaction?
- What are the insights and actions provided?
As a result of customer experience evaluation you will now be able to improve emotional differentiation. This will be subject of our next practical tip.